Franciszek Araszkiewicz creates instrumental, vocal-instrumental, electroacoustic and audio-visual compositions as well as interactive installations, in addition to conceptual art and film music.
Studied composition at the Academy of Music in Krakow (2009-2013 under direction of Krzysztof Knittel, 2013-2018 in class of Marcel Chyrzyński). In 2019 he obtained a doctoral degree at his alma mater in music arts.
His works have been performed at, among other, International Electroacoustic Music Festival Musica Electronica Nova 2015, ImproFest Vienna 2018, 26th -30th International Festival of Kraków Composers (2014-2019), Festival Audio Art (2017, 2015, 2014, 2011), AXES Triduum Muzyki Nowej (2012), Festival Kultura 2012 in Warsaw as well as Athens Video Art Festival 2013 (with Anna Petelenz). His interactive performance Matchpoint: Sound of Brain was presented in Munich as part of artist-in-residence in Villa Waldberta program in 2015.
In 2014, he lived and worked at Arnold Schöneberg Haus in Mödling as part of Avenir Grand bestowed by rnold Schönberg Centre in Vienna.
He is a laureate of several composers competitions (1st prize ex aequo during the 11th Tadeusz Ochlewski Competition organized by PWM Edition in 2013, for a piece Monster Group Number for soprano and electronics; 1st prize at the international Concorso di Composizione Pianistica 2014 Giorgio e Aurora Giovanni Fondazione for his work Study of Chaos for piano for four hands et al.). His awards for compositions include Creative Scholarship of the City of Kraków for music 2014, the Award of the Minister of Culture and National Heritage for students of arts universities for outstanding achievements in artistic creations 2014, 2017 and composer-in-residence Kulturkontakt Vienna 2016 and Museums Quartier Vienna 2018.
He is a member of Polish Composers’ Union, Polish Society of Electroacoustic Music, Muzyka Centrum and Mensa Poland.
- 01.2014- 24.01.2014 Avenir Grant awarded by Arnold Schönberg Center (Wien).
- 2014- Creative Award of City Krakow.
- 2014- Award of the Minister of Culture and National Heritage for students of arts universities for outstanding achievements in artistic creations 2014.
- 11.- 12.2015 Artist-in-residence, Villa Waldberta, Feldafing (Munich, Germany)
- Composer-in-residence 2016, Kulturkontakt, Wien 2016.
- 2017- Award of the Minister of Culture and National Heritage for PhD candidates of arts universities for outstanding achievements in artistic creations 2017.
- Artist-in-residence 2018, Museums Quartier TONSPUR Passage, Wien 2018.
Composition competitions- awards and prizes:
- MUSICA PER ARCHI | Music Composers’ Competition 2022 – 6th Edition, Special Mention for Flows f Aether for string orchestra.
- DMITRI SHOSTAKOVICH COMPOSERS COMPETITION 2021 – 3rd Edition. 2 prize for “Enchevetrement Saint-Ambroise” for piano, violin, viola and cello ;
- Honorable distinction at 4th Krzysztof Penderecki International Competition for Young Composers for Jeux Holomorphes for chamber orchestra (2021)
- III prize at 61. Tadeusz Baird Competition for Young Composers for O Pewności for saxophone quartet (2020).
- 2nd prize at GoldenKey Festival Composition Competition (Professional Section) for piece Study of Chaos for piano (4 hands), (2020).
- Distiction at the 1st International Witold Szalonek Composition Competition for White Hole for flute, oboe, clarinet and bassoon (2018).
- Honorable mention at the 58th Tadeusz Baird Competition for Young Composers for cum structura for flute, violin, viola and violoncello (2017).
- Honorable mention at the International Composition Competition Contemporary Piano 2017, hosted by An Art Artistry, Greece.
- Finalist of 56 Tadeusz Baird Competition for Young Composers for Ménilmontant Fluctuationsfor guitar, violoncello and piano (2015).
- 1 prize at Concorso di Composizione Pianistica 2014 Giorgio e Aurora Giovanni Fondazione for piece Study of Chaos for piano (4 hands)
- 1 prize ex aequoon XI competition im. Tadeusza Ochlewskiego, hosted by Polskie Wydawnictwo Muzyczne for Monster Group Number for soprano and electronics (2013)
- 2 prize (1 has not been given) at International Comosition Competition „…kiedy myślę Messiaen…” organized by Musical Academy in Wrocław for – Musique Logistiquefor two pianos, jury: E. Knapik. G. Pstrokońska- Nawratil, K. Kiełb (2013)
- Finalist of European Young Composers’ Competition Gramodeska (Czechy, org. PETROF) for Tensionsfor piano, electric guitar, tape and video (2011)
Fluctuations: Void Fields live at Offtheater Wien (2019)